Meet Fred L. Koberlein, Jr.
Fred Koberlein of Koberlein Law Offices, PLLC, is based in Lake City, Florida and Gainesville, Florida, and focuses the firm’s legal practice to three areas:
- personal injury law,
- criminal defense, and
- local government matters which require you to appear or present your matter before your local government Boards/Councils.
Fred Koberlein is committed to his clients and devotes himself to protecting their interests from the beginning to the end of their case. Fred has spent his career helping clients defend themselves against criminal charges, fight insurance companies, and proceed through the bureaucratic process of local governments.
Fred Koberlein is a trial attorney who began trial preparation through an externship as a legal clerk with the Judges of the Third Judicial Circuit for Florida prior to his graduation from the University of Florida, College of Law. After law school Fred was dedicated to becoming a trial attorney and worked with the Public Defender’s Office from 2004 to 2007, where he was promoted to handling felony cases within eight months of hire. Fred has handled over 1500 criminal cases ranging from possession of cannabis, DUI, serious felonies, white-collar crimes, violations of probation hearings, and countless motion hearings.
Fred Koberlein left the Public Defender’s Office during 2007 to broaden his litigation experience to include civil litigation. Fred defended insurance companies and insureds in various lawsuits ranging from car accidents to home insurance claims. Next, Fred was hired by a City to represent the City’s interests and two additional Cities quickly followed and retained Fred for their interests. As Fred focused on civil litigation he remained passionate about representing individuals charged with misdemeanor and felony crimes as well as civil litigation issues.
Fred Koberlein has the experience and reputation to negotiate a favorable resolution in your matter, and if that is not possible, to provide the best, most zealous trial representation available. Utilizing competent and trusted investigators and experts, your case will be prepared so that the best result will be achieved. If you or a loved one is hurt, damaged, or is facing criminal charges, you want a qualified, hard-working attorney who will explain your options to you in a straightforward, commonsense, and honest manner.
Education and Practice Experience:
- University of Florida; Gainesville, Florida; Bachelor of Science, 1997
- University of South Florida; Tampa, Florida; 1998
- University of Florida, College of Law; Gainesville, Florida; 2003
Bar and Court Admissions:
- Florida Bar, 2004 – Present
- All 67 Counties in Florida
- All 20 Circuits in Florida
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Florida
Professional and Civic Activities:
- Florida Bar Trial Lawyers, 2007 – Present
- Florida Bar Business Law Section, 2007 – Present
- Florida Bar Criminal Law Section, 2004 – Present
- Florida Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, 2004 – Present
- Third Judicial Bar Association, 2004 – Present